Share | 

Silva stops Belfort

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tammy

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Silva stops Belfort   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Even after a dozen straight wins during nearly a half-decade of unrivaled perfection in the UFC octagon, Anderson Silva still came up with another spectacular way to finish a fight.

Silva stopped Vitor Belfort with a single kick to the face in the first round, defending his middleweight belt for a record eighth time at UFC 126 on Saturday night.

After little action in the opening minutes of their bout, Silva (28-4) flattened his fellow Brazilian brawler with one magnificently placed kick that caught Belfort squarely on the jaw, bringing a dramatic end to Silva's 13th consecutive UFC victory at 3:25 of the opening round.

"Thanks to my coach for teaching me that kick," Silva said. "Everybody should respect Vitor. Before I even started fighting, he was a champion, so he deserves your respect."

The lightning-quick strike landed before anybody in the sold-out Mandalay Bay Events Center even realized Silva had done it. Belfort's eyes rolled while his knees buckled as he fell limply on his back, and Silva landed two punches to the prone Belfort's head before the fight was stopped.

online markedsføring
Uebersetzungsbuero Russisch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Silva stops Belfort
Page 1 of 1